Sunday, January 11, 2009

tonight........

Tonight I went to church feeling......
Tired.
Mad.
Upset.
Grumpy.
Worried.
Stressed.
and
Unloved.
I walked in the worship center feeling.....
Ok.
still Mad.
still Sad.
still Grumpy.
still Worried.
still Stressed.
still Unloved.
Then as I walked down to the pew I was feeling.....
a little Happier.
a little Calmer.
a little less Stressed.
a little more Loved.
Then I walked down toward my friends and my one friend gave me a HUGE hug and then I was feeling.....
Happy.
Accepted.
i forgot all about tomorrow.( Stressed)
and i felt way more Calmer.
and a lot more Loved.
I was still not quite back to "normal" though, I still was feeling stressed out over my test, tired of studying all day, and grumpy because of my long day and (lets just say..."off"..morning.) All that "stuff" from this morning was still ringing in my ear when I was in church and it continued to ring during worship and all during the announcements I could not concentrate the whole entire time....well at least until the message. Tonight was different in the sense was that we didn't have our usual pastor speak to us in person. He was out for the night so instead we watched a video of the guy who spoke this morning.....his name was Drave Dravecky. He was a major league pitcher for the Giants and the Padres. He had a tumor in his left arm......aka....his pitching arm and had to have it removed. =( He talked about Contentment in all circumstances. It was a really good message!! i LOVED it!! it really hit home for me tonight! then after the video was over they had a little interview with some of my friends about contentment and what it means to them. their storied were really good too!!! i LOVED everything they had to say! it was really eye opening for me personally to hear. I'm glad i went tonight.

2 comments:

Elly said...

thats really great that you learned that! I know how you feel-I have this stupid essay to do (I just finished) and I have not been enjoying it. lol. have fun at keys today!

Eve said...

OMG wasn't his story awesome? I loved that message