Thursday, January 1, 2009

three year old poems....

This morning i was cleaning my room and i came across an old journal that i used to write my poems in when i was in the 5th grade. LOL! i read through it and i must admit that for a 5th grader i was pretty good.....lol.....(not to brag either)....but i gave myself credit. I thought i would show two of the poems that i read and really liked.
(AGAIN.....i was in the 5th grade when i wrote these so just keep that in mind!) LOL

"Because of you...."

"it's because of you, that my frown turned upside down
its because of you, that my eyes are open up to see things
its because of you, that i have a true friend now
its because of you, that you had taught me how
its because of you, that my days are brighter
its because of you, that i feel good about myself
its because of you, that i have stuff to do now
its because of you, that makes me laugh
its because of you, that i can smile
its because of you that im not lonely
And its because of you, who made me who i am now."

"friends are..."

"friends are like string cheese
they are fun to tease
and sometimes do what you please
friends are like string cheese....

friends are like scissors and glue
they are always there to help you
they sometimes tell u what to do
friends are like scissors and glue

friends are like fur on a dog
they'll go with you on a jog
they'll sit with you on a log
friends are like fur on a dog

friends are like air in a balloon
they'll go with you to the moon
if your grounded they'll hang out with you in your room
friends are like air in a balloon

friends are like food on a plate
they are really great
they can sit in a crate
friends are like food on a plate

friends come in many different shapes and sizes,
they come in many different colors,
red, white, yellow, or black...
they can be a boy or a girl
it really doesn't matter what you are,
what color you are,
or how tall you are,
just as long as you have someone to laugh and smile with....
now THATS a true friend.
friends are different!







2 comments:

Elly said...

you were so good! lol. I couldn't do better myself! so, how are you enjoying this 2009 so far??? I am. watching football and chilling all day so far . .. life is good :) but the depressing thing is that I know I'm gonna hafta do some of my homework soon :P you know how that feels! lol

Hayden said...

those are really cool. i like them a lot.